Sunday, July 11, 2010

Accents

Hello My name is Sierra, I am American and I live in England I moved here when I was seven and one thing that has become pretty obvious for me is that British people love American accents! Unfortunately for me I still have a slight trace of one.
So one day, at some park with my friend, we were playing on this swing when some guy and his friend comes on the swing next to us. Me and my friend are talking to each other normally and the guy just says "Are you American?"
"Yes, I am." I say calmly and continue to talk with my friend. "So why did you chose here to go on holiday?" he continues to ask.
I roll my eyes and say "I am not on holiday I live here."
"Where do you live?" he asks. "I'd rather not say." I say.
After all he is a complete stranger.

"Well which state are you from?" he carries on asking. "You wouldn't of heard of it!" I warn but he just says over - confidently "Yes I would!"
"Michigan." I challenge. "Where's that?" he asks and my friend giggles.
"Near Chicago." I say. "Oh right." he says and starts to talk to his friend.

So by then I seriously thought he would finish bugging me so I start to turn to my friend when asks again "So have you ever been to Disney Land Florida?"
"Yes." I sigh getting impatient. "Yes I have, when I was four."
He opens his mouth about to ask yet another question when I put on a weird face and accent and say "My mummy says not to talk to strangers SO GOOD BYE!" I shout in his face and me and my friend walk away until about five minutes when we come back and as expected the guys are gone so we carry on whatever we were doing in peace until the next day when they......

~Sierra:D~

P.S. The reason that it says this was posted and 12:30 am is because I am posting this in England and because of the time difference here it is the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really weird. A complete stranger no less. British people love American accents and American people love British accents. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing in Ireland! My poor mom is sick of hearing "So how long are you on holiday for?" Haha!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete